warpcore recommends 4.5
Best Gigs in Delhi NCR
- Krank Sessions x Nightvibe | Tim Engelhardt LIVE (Vivrant): Auro Kitchen and bar is hosting a night of deep house and techno on the 5th that promises to sizzle. Tim Engelhardt is one of Cologne’s brightest melodic techno acts who has released a consistent slew of bangers on labels like Anjunadeep and fryhide. Opening the night will be the electronic music collective Collido comprised of Sahil Singh and Ardaman Dua alongside Bisector aka Badal Sheel, an electronic music connoisseur who experiments with everything from Techno, Melodic House and Disco.
- Hamza & The Rajasthan Folkstars: The pioneer of the House music scene in India, Hamza’s innovative sound is inspired by his life in India and travels abroad. In Rajasthan Folkstars, he finds a kindred act that performs traditional Rajasthan folk music hailing from the villages around Jaisalmer, Jodhpur and Barmer in Western Rajasthan. They bring the house down at Raasta on the 6th.
- Intimate | Teho LIVE (Parquet/Traum): French Melodic Techno powerhouse Teho visits Summer House Cafe on the 6th for a night of energetic and dreamy electronica.
- Marcel Fengler + Maksim Dark (Live): Marcel Fengler and Maksim Dark head over to Kitty Su on the 6th for a night of energetic electronica. Fengler creates a sonic wall of atmosphere and energy that ebbs and flows to the mood of the dance floor, while Dark lays down his groove-laced techno.
- Jazz India Circuit: With a line-up of some awesome Jazz talent, the circuit is curated for jazz lovers to experience the best in modern jazz from around the world. The circuit starts from 6 pm on the 6th at One Horizon Center, Harizan Colony, Sector 43, Gurugram.
- Mediumrare weekender with Anthony Rother, Moodymann & others: Anthony Rother is a legend in the electronic scene with live sets that make your jaw drop with the technicality on display. Moodymann is a cult music hero who battles to preserve the rich heritage of Afro-American music and Lokier is a Berlin-based EBM powerhouse. Together they descend for a night of memorable electronica at the Auro Kitchen and Bar on the 7th.
- Giants of Jazz 2019: 4th — 7th December: On the 4th, Piano Man plays host to The Dainius Pulauskas Group, an influential Lithuanian Jazz band who were described by Jazz critic Jan Patterson as a unique blend of melody and muscle on the forefront of progressive European jazz-fusion.
- Monoswezi is a collective of musicians from Mozambique, Norway and Zimbabwe who combine traditional influences from Africa with references and experiences from Jazz and Modern Western Music. Drop-in on the 5th at Piano Man to witness this unique blend of Jazz and traditional African music.
- If Jazz guitar is more your thing, then Ivan Santos has you covered with his inventive guitar playing, ably supported by his creative band. He will perform at Piano Man on the 6th.
- For the last day of The Giants of Jazz festival on the 7th, Piano Man invites The Shuffle Demons, Canadians who love taking the stage by storm with over-the-top antics, wacky styles and unhinged lyrics. They are also home to three supremely talented saxophonists.
Best Gigs outside Delhi NCR
- Inscape Pre-party feat. Enamour: As a curator of infectious grooves, Enamour is set to kick off one hell of a pre-party on the 5th at The Council in Mumbai with a sound that walks a fine line between deep introspection and pure club ragers.
- Okcupid X The Local Train LIVE: Indie rock band The Local Train are considered the new face of Hindi Rock. They have performed at some of the most prestigious stages across India and will bring their explosive live set to Fandom at Gilly’s Redefined in Bangalore on the 5th.
- Krank Sessions x sLick! presents Tim Engelhardt LIVE: In case you miss him in Delhi, Tim Engelhardt heads to Kitty Su Mumbai on the 6th to give you a second chance to taste his energetic electronica.
- Krunk Presents Hotbox 11: Acid Pauli: Acid Pauli aka Martin Gretschmann has been dazzling audiences with his blend of psychedelic and adventurous techno that drips with personality and intense musicality. He brings his sound to The Council in Mumbai on the 6th.
- Magdalena (Diynamic Music) in Mumbai: Magdalena’s unique native Yugoslavian’s influences drive her particular blend of melodic House and Techno, she visits Estella in Mumbai on the 6th to give people a taste of her music. Without being overly hyperbolic, she is the queen of melodic techno.
- Tim Engelhardt Live x Teho Live: Tim Engelhardt and Teho combine forces at GYLT in Bangalore on the 7th for a double live header that promises to be a banger.
- WAVLNGTH Presents Moodymann: Moodymann heads to antiSOCIAL in Mumbai to give you a taste of his gritty, raw house music on the 7th.
- Transitions feat. Magdalena & Budakid: Magdalena continues her Indian odyssey at Block 22 in Hyderabad on the 7th with Budakid — a talented DJ/producer from the Diynamic family.
- Krunky Monkey Saturdays 13: Kris Correya & Kini: Monkey Bar, Mumbai kicks off its Krunky Monkey Saturday with the talented duo of Kris Correya and Kini. While Kris drops his unique blend of funk, dub and jazz to make you move on the floor, Kini explores a wide array of sonic templates ranging from House to Techno.
- Echoes Of Earth 2019: A convergence of Music, Arts and Culture, Echoes of Earth celebrates the environment and gives artists like Acid Pauli, Squarepusher, Fakear and Maksim Dark a platform to share ideas to create awareness for an alternative way of life. Hit up Embassy International Riding School in Bengaluru on the 7th to see something special.
- Big Miz (DABJ) | Levitate x Sanchez UB City: Big Miz brings his playful mix of acid, 808’s, disco, techno and music to Sanchez at UB City in Bangalore on the 7th. He combines his multi-instrumentalist approach with electronic equipment and production techniques that have stunned audiences across the UK and Europe. Supporting him will be Student aka Adarsh Chandak with his mix of techno, electro, house and experimental electronica.
Originally published at https://warpcore.live on December 3rd, 2019.